* Competency and comfort using Microsoft Excel – expectation is user is at an advanced level or will be able to pick up any missing skills quickly, as excel is the main data analysis tool used.
* Good communication skills both oral and written (email, presentations)
* Strong attention to detail to ensure all performance reporting delivered is accurate, up to the standards defined by management, and maintains the trust and reputation of the finance team with stakeholders.
* Strong data analysis skills with an analytical thinking mindset to process the large amounts of performance data the team deals with.
* An organized, methodological mindset that will lend itself to improving the structure of our reporting with a view towards standardization & automation. Experience with scripting & data analysis languages (e.g Python, VBA Macros) is a strong plus but not a requirement for the role.
* Proactive, driven individual who will strive to find solutions to problems rather than wait to be told what to do.
* Comfortable working in a high-pressure environment with challenging requests, hard deadlines and high expectations.
* Intellectual curiosity to understand what makes the bank function, the role of Finance, and how to innovate on our processes.
* Ability to learn and be up to date on the needs of the business, our products & services, as well as UK & international accounting standards.
* Creative mindset
* Ability to work as part of a team and assist multiple colleagues with different pieces of work.
* Strong time management skills to be able to deliver on competing deadlines without issue.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.