At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Finance entity of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. We provide our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs. We are a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
Commercial Real Estate (REL) within Asset Finance Division (AFI) is a business line of Global Banking (GLBA).
REL is responsible for :
- providing financing solutions for professional investors investing in office, logistics, retail, hotel and other real estate (incl. multifamily, student accommodation and nursing homes) being key clients of SG Group.
- Within the GLBA/AFI/REL platform, GLBA/AFI/REL London originates, structures and executes financing transactions involving real estate located in the UK or with a strong UK angle (sometimes including non UK assets within a predominantly UK portfolio).
Client base: The client base consists of:
a) local and international property investors (private equity companies, pension funds, property companies, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, corporate etc.) who require debt financing collateralised by assets located in the UK, or
b) UK based sponsors in the case of non UK assets (in coordination with other European teams).
The financings are structured with a view to being mostly distributed.
Beyond its client basis, REL has extensive relationship with real estate brokers and appraisers, rating agencies, debt providers and investors, insurers and lawyers.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
• Risk analysis and understanding of all issues relevant for each transaction (context, aim, constraints related to the assets and/or the legal and tax environment…);
• Financial analysis and modelling of the considered projects;
• Structuring of complex financings
• Drafting and presentation of credit requests
• Drafting of term sheets and review of legal documents
• Risk-monitoring of existing loans
• Data search and market intelligence
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.