Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB), the Information Technologies department is in charge of providing other departments with their Information System. IT manages high quality and competitive tools respecting technology and cost standards.
Based in London, one of the leading financial market places in Europe, you will join the Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) team, which mainly acts as a proximity business support unit for the FIC Market Making business in London.
You will mainly support Front Office users of the Investment Banking branch on booking and trading tools applications.
As an VIE in a very rich, dynamic and demanding environment, you will support the business of the Investment Banking branch for the Fixed Income and Currencies market activity. Your user base is mostly in London, but also in Paris + EMEA and consists mainly of Front Office agents. You will work on functional issues impacting pricing, electronic market contribution / negotiation / STP, manual booking but be exposed to risk and P&L issues.
Main responsibility will be to support the FIC business on our trading tools and Cross-Asset platform. Users will be traders, sales and middle office.
Collaborate within your team and contribute when applicable on skill sets outside of user support: coding, business analysis, testing, project management
Ensure the continuity of the business by a strong relationship with the local helpdesk-support team, the infrastructure teams, and the other IT teams in EMEA.
Guarantee a high level of service & quality by industrialising the different processes and participating to the local and global projects and by communicating about it.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
- Provide thorough and clear analyses to unblock, assist and accompany the business on functional IT topics and issues.
- Escalate the incidents to appropriate development team (support level 3) when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
- Participate in Agile sprints in any capacity that can contribute outside of user support: coding, business analysis, testing
- Make available the knowledge of the local activity by promoting and updating specific documentation.
- Train users within EMEA and accompany the business on major changes impacting their tools.
- Identify improvement axis and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business or our production services activities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.