Fixed Income Exotics Trade Support Officer
- Product scope: FX Options (structured) and Exotic products on Rates, Credit, FX and Hybrid
- Control/Modelling/Trade Capture of exotic product and deals in the in-house information systems (FO to BO) based on documentation (term sheets, tickets) provided by FO;
- Pricing of exotic trades for accuracy check;
- Ensure booking timeliness, provide justification for any Late Booking and Amend/Cancel, develop and deploy relevant action plan to reduce the associated KPI;
- Monitoring of lifecycle events. Ensure integration of fixings, calculations of coupons and early termination decisions.
- Handle clients’ enquiries on coupons and events of exotic products.
- Improve booking quality control through close monitoring of rework on exotic booking;
- Contribute to improving the booking platform through the initiation of enhancements and bug fixes and follow-up (UAT on deliveries).
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term
- Involve in process improvement / automation
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar
- Good knowledge of capital market exotic products (payoff understanding, lifecycle events) with cross asset underlying (Rates, Credit, FX …)
- Ideally, exposure in Middle Office functions and knowledge of Front-to-Back process
- Ability to priorities and multitask, communicate precisely and work independently
- Possess strong risk awareness
- Understanding of trader’s job and hedging decision making
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good energy. Ability to handle high trade volumes and work under pressure.
- Express his/her convictions and act with courage
- Support change by proactively contributing to the change process and adapting to new constraints
- Embody the Group's values by honoring its commitments, fostering a climate of trust and knowing how to work with colleagues from different environments and cultures
- Fluent English is mandatory, any other languages would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills, required to interface with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) and in different countries (Asia, Europe, America).
- Knowledge of VBA programming is an advantage but not compulsory
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I Favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I encourage and demonstrate positive out of the box thinking
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Trade Support Unit team of the IT & Operations Department, our mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office (FO) to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
- for Clients to receive various notification timely
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.