- Knowledge of Fixed Income instruments
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient VBA/SQL programming
- Python programming
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Handle various ad-hoc requests
- Prone to take initiatives
- Reactive, detail-oriented, driven to work in a fast learning environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Willingness & a strong desire to learn
Desired / Plus:
- Experience in a financial industry company
- Master in Financial Engineering or Finance
Languages: (Other than English)
Data-driven Risk Management:
For investment banks, utilizing data for risk management decision making has never been more important than now. RISQ Employees should have a fundamental understanding of how risk management is evolving with the use of data, especially in roles where traditionally there was less emphasize on data analysis.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, particularly strong proficiency with Excel
- Working knowledge of a business intelligence tool is a plus (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python and/or R) is a plus
- For certain positions related to Market Risk, a basic understanding of a scripting language (Python, R, Java, Matlab, etc.) is required
- Functional knowledge of relational databases & SQL, and APIs, experience is a plus
Employees should understand the institution’s approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Metrics Monitoring Group is providing financial analysis and reporting to the different partners and stakeholders: Finance, Front-Office and Risk Management divisions.
The position is an integral part of the support team MMG, dedicated to the Fixed Income business line of MARK (Global Markets) at SG Americas offices in New York City. The main missions of the team are to:
- Produce, certify and publish the risk and P&L metrics of the trading desk;
- Help traders understand and manage their positions and risks through various reports and analysis;
- Be a major contributor to the different regulatory projects that impact the bank.
The position is located on the trading floor