Front Office Trading Application Support and Development
As part of the IT department, the Rates Support team is in charge of supporting:
- All the in-house trading platforms (Electronic contribution and negotiation systems: 3 platforms, 1 per main Rates desk, each of them connected to multiple electronic markets)
- The automatic deal booking of all trades negotiated electronically
- The booking/pricing system used by the whole Fixed Income and Rates business line
This team (5 People in NYC and 2 in Montreal) is based on the trading floor and manages applications deployed in Paris, London, New York and Hong-Kong.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
- Provide IT Support for all the Fixed Income Derivatives Trading desks, Sales and Middle Office
- Interact with other IT teams to ensure that production issues are being addressed and collaborate on new requests (Functional & Technical)
- Improve existing support processes by enhancing automation, monitoring and documentation
Graduate with a Master degree from Engineering School or University with a specialization in Computer Science
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language such as Python (preferred), C# or Java
- Expertise in database technologies and SQL
- Experience in front-end programming languages such as Vues JS (using typescript)
- Experience using standard DevOps tools (Jenkins, Jira, Git, TeamCity)
Experience in Fixed Income Derivates appreciated
Strong communication and presentation skills
Proficient/Good command of MS Office
Fluent in English
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 22000GNR
- Entity: Global Transaction Banking
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/03/03