Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) acts as a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. If you are looking for a great career opportunity within the IT world, then you are in the right place.
Our IT Filiere has over 800 IT professionals, delivering services on four perimeters: Retail Banking, Security and Infrastructure, Internal Support Applications and Investment Banking. And our team is ready to expand and find new awesome colleagues to embark on this journey.
We want to provide you a meaningful career where you feel authentic and love your job. Day after day. Your tasks will be diverse, but will have one thing in common: they will be useful to the community – on local levels and even global scales. Join us in shaping the world of tomorrow.
The Future is You!
We are looking for a developer interested in working with Exotic products on our application that is used world-wide and designed in services oriented architecture.
• SPARK : is based on Rest services, a read model based on ElasticSearch, a UI in Angular 9.The application is used world-wide and all the underlying assets are managed.
• FIP : is designed in services oriented architecture.
Technologies : Java 8, Angular 8, Hibernate 4, Spring Boot/Batch/MVC, Restful services, NoSQL database (MongoDB), Relational database (PostgreSQL), Elasticsearch, Kibana.
Specifically, you will be required to:
• Analyze and implement new features on a application with a rich UI in Angular and on services-oriented backend in Spring relying on both document and relational databases;
• Show technical expertise and handle development/testing tasks, follow up functional testing with end users;
• Liaising with Infrastructure/middleware teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies;
• Ensure the delivery of high quality solutions using modern development practices such as clean code, refactoring, unit testing and continuous integration ;
• Write technical specifications for an effective implementation.
• Provide level three support during local business hours;
• Involve with the review and submission of solutions designs globally.
• You have good understanding of Angular and Bootstrap;
• You have a good understanding of Java and Spring Framework, or you’re willing to learn;
• Understanding of distributed architecture and caching mechanisms;
• Understanding of NoSQL database principles (e.g. MongoDB) would be a plus;
• Knowledge of middleware principles (RabbitMQ) and asynchronous communication would be appreciated;
• Knowledge of some core development tools used within the company: Kibana, Maven, Jenkins, Git/SVN; Sonar...
• Knowledge of Docker is a plus as migration is planned for 2021;
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• Excellent analytical skills and self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments;
• To work with us, as a member of a small team, you must be autonomous (but never alone) and polyvalent (we provide technical and business training sessions if you are not comfortable on the whole stack).;
• A willingness to learn, share, & improve, enjoy discovering & solving problems;
• Good command of English, both written and spoken.
Why join us
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & work-from-home options with enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years, or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating, and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful daily and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organization, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.