Funds Transfer Operations Analyst - Cash Management
ABOUT THE JOB:
Funds Transfer is part of the Treasury Operations department at Société Générale. The objective of Treasury Operations is to deliver efficient and high-quality services to both internal and external clients in the Payment, FX, Money Market and Funding functions. As a transversal group supporting businesses across the organization, we provide the required services to manage the treasury and liquidity activities of the bank.
Our Operations department is responsible for processing all U.S. Dollar payments for all our entities, as well as corporations using the Groups Cash Management Services. Funds Transfer screens all transactions for OFAC and Anti Money Laundering as well as monitoring intraday liquidity levels for the bank alongside payment throttling.
What will be your DAY-TO-DAY?
- Screen all transactions for OFAC and Anti Money Laundering.
- Process incoming and outgoing payments across our applications
- Handle OFAC investigation cases as needed with our Compliance department.
- Monitor payment workflows to ensure any backlogs are identified and resolved.
- Showcase your attention to details and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all trade economics are appropriately investigated and resolved.
- Ability to adhere to strict policies and procedures, internal and regulatory.
- Perform reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal partners for the purpose of delivering optimal customer service.
- Review and annotate cases per Compliance mandates.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high paced work environment.
- Participate in ad hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Work schedule is based on the calendar of the US Federal Reserve Bank. US statutory holidays will therefore apply.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working on payments; strong familiarity with CHIPS, Fed payments and SWIFT Messages
- 2-5 years of experience with cash payments
- Strong PC skills; use of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills, a “team-player”.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of MONTRAN payment system an asset
- Knowledge of FIRCOSOFT application, an asset
- College degree or strong equivalent
Due to US Federal Securities law applying to this position, candidates who will apply for this position will be required to submit to an enhanced background screening, including the collection of their fingerprints by a third-party vendor selected by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law. We strive to write our postings as inclusively as possible. If, however, one of the two genders is used alone in this display, it designates persons of all gender identities.