DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Exciting opportunity to join a successful desk to work directly with the team head and get training / exposure to a wide range of products.
Initially the position will focus on Canadian and Sterling Swaps with additional access to long-term sterling and dollar rates, with part of the rationale of this hire being to take over this book in 18-24 months.
There will also be opportunities to deal with other books to develop an enviable skill-set across the Rates business.
Client Coverage Responsibilities
- Become a trusted and reliable market-maker by developing long term relationships
- Develop the client franchise by building close relationships with the sales and engineering teams. Working in partnership to communicate market flows, trade ideas any other relevant information to support revenue generation.
- Provide reliable backup and support for other traders within the team
Product Scope Responsibilities
- Pricing and execution of transactions on behalf of SG clients, ensuring all procedural guidelines are observed
- Manage a book, hedging risk appropriately
- Support the development of IT tools and systems to enhance trading efficiency
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Rates trading experience is essential
- Strong analytical and numerical skills along with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player who pro-actively shares information and collaborates with others
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.