Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/GRS is Societe Generale’s Global Cross Asset Research department. With more than 200 analysts, strategists and economists, it offers in-depth analysis and a distinctive cross-asset approach: impact of major events across asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, strategic synthesis to provide an integrated view
Societe Generale Global Research offers global coverage, thanks to local networks in Eastern Europe (Moscow, Bucharest, Warsaw and Prague), the strengthening of its presence in the US and in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), together with an established UK and Western European base.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Internship in the Global Asset Allocation team within the Global Research department of Société Générale. The team is ranked number 1 worldwide since 2008 in the Extel survey. We are looking for an intern who will be based in London. She/he will be exposed to a broad range of asset classes (equities, bonds, credit, forex and commodities) and to the fast-paced environment of a trading floor. The candidate is expected to build significant knowledge on financial markets.
- Update of our marketing presentations
- Preparation of our research reports (US Equity Strategy, Inflation News flow, Best of...)
- Data mining (Bloomberg, DataStream, etc..) and building models
- Strong interactions internally with Research, Engineering and Sales
- Contribution expected on key projects for the team development – on hybrid models
- Supporting senior team member with internal/external requests.
Summary of responsibilities
Research product responsibilities
· Collect relevant public information and data, ensuring it comes from reliable sources
· Investigate key information and key data points, through checks and discussions
· Under the supervision of the team head, build econometric and / or financial models, describing relevant parts of the business environment and allowing for forecasts; ensure the modulization process and outcome is to the highest professional standards
· Update the models whenever necessary, and, under the supervision of the team head, improve or replace them when appropriate
· Ensure reliability of data through the verification of sample data, and other means
· Develop innovative and value-adding approaches, both for collecting data and for analysing it
· Subject any finding and any forecast to critical analysis
· Based on the research and analysis work, prepare, under the supervision of the team head, draft documents on developments on the subject covered
· Strictly respect all internal rules and all external regulations relating to the research production process
· Strictly adhere to all relevant internal rules and external regulations; strictly comply with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements)
· Ensure full adherence to the SG Research responsibilities, as defined in the Research handbook and in regular training sessions
· Take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc, that are applicable to the role and the business line
· Protect SG market share and reputation, through professionalism, discipline, rigor, and attention to risks
· Make sure all research is produced according to SG Research standards and methods, and to the highest standards of quality
· Assist in the self-identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
· Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
· Control costs; minimize unnecessary expenses related to travel, datafeeds, etc.
· This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager
Level of Autonomy and Authority
High Level of Autonomy