As a Global Learning Partner, you will have a good knowledge of the value chain and training ecosystem. You will manage and participate to the moderation of the international learning community in a multicultural environment. As primary contact for training managers, you will seek to understand and analyze their needs. You will have a good overview of the Group's training offers, external platforms available to employees for training, and you will orient training managers towards relevant solutions among the various options available within the Group (off-the-shelf content, specific content, tools, etc.).
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Act as a single point of entry for international Training requests and facilitate interactions between the various actors in the Group Training value chain.
- Participate to the establishment of a centralized training hub for international entities to facilitate information sharing and best practices within the community
- Manage and moderate the Training Managers community (both in synchronous and asynchronous instances)
- Collect, analyze, and qualify Training Managers needs and provide them visibility on the Group training roadmap. Answer their requests and orient them in a timely manner.
- Communicate needs expressed locally to the relevant stakeholders at Group level
- Participate in key forums to learn about training projects and strategic directions
- Know, select, update, publish and promote training catalogs to targeted populations
- Be knowledgeable of the online training offer hosted on external platforms, monitor consumption, and manage licenses, in direct contact with training providers (internal or external)
- Be fully informed of the Group's training tools to help promoting them within the community and participate in the skills development of the Training Managers, by creating and updating documentation or by organizing dedicated sessions
- Participate in the development of a strategy for prioritizing and processing the needs of international entities
- Good knowledge of training area and skills development – minimum 3 years previous experience as L&D specialist/process expert/instructional designer (pedagogical engineer) or Project Manager;
- Project management skills (stakeholder management, priority management, organization, data monitoring and analysis);
- Proactivity, autonomy, and decision making;
- Experience in leading and facilitating meetings and communities;
- Ability to build connections and foster cooperation - facilitation / collaboration with diverse;profiles / teams (technical, business, operational / strategy);
- Good communication and intercultural skills ;
- Language level: C1 English, C1 French;
- Customer orientation, ability to advise;
- Rigor, good analytical and critical thinking skills ;
- Master’s degree.
Why join us
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
If you feel like ambitiously pursuing your goals, then you have come to the right place.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits:
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & hybrid model with work-from-home enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.