ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum; Economics, engineering, mathematical, quantitative, financial engineering background a plus
- Previous research experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Having less than 1 year work experiences after graduation
- Motivation to learn about financial markets and a good team spirit
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. PowerPoint is a plus but not mandatory.
- Good writing skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Assist with compiling and analyzing macroeconomic and financial market data
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of research studies
- Be an independent self-starter and be able to work accurately under time constraints
- English: Business level in speaking, writing, reading (mandatory)
- Japanese: Native level in speaking, writing, reading (mandatory)
- This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Embody the Group's Values
- Willing to Learn and Develop Skills
- Technological & Digital Savvy
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
The Global Research team is responsible for analyzing macroeconomic and financial market trends and providing investment advice to clients regarding economies and financial markets. The incumbent will work closely with the local Japan economist and interest rate strategist and gain in-depth experience related to the Japanese economy and interest rate market along with building knowledge about global economies and financial markets. The role sits on the trading floor and has a high level of interaction with the global research, sales, and trading teams.