- Experience / knowledge in GMI, Murex, Ubix
- Experience / knowledge in AS400 Query and SQL logic
- Good understanding of Database structure
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint, Word skills
- Process improvement analysis and business process reengineering.
- Knowledge in the current regulatory environment (BCBS 239, new financial accounting norms, etc.)
- Project management skills (planning, budget and resource management, issue handling) and reporting skills
- Use concept of Digital Transformation, a plus
- Knowledge in Broadridge, PeopleSoft, Power BI, a plus
- Good understanding of futures market and clearing exchanges
- Good understanding of investment banking products, especially on FCM domain
- Understanding of accounting procedures and back office operations
- Good understanding of control process and ability to design/build the control process
- Analytical capability to develop solutions to complex topics
- Able to adjust to new environments and challenges.
- Results oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – confidence in interacting with various levels of users and ability to make a presentation
- Team player – work with global teams
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Knowledge / experience in the broker-dealer / FCM regulatory reporting, a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the Financial Services, particularly within public accounting or accounting engineering.
- Prior positions should have led to a good understanding and hands on experience of Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- International banking experience or Big 4 experience, a plus
- Broker-dealer experience, a plus
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related fields
- CPA or MBA, a plus
Languages: (Other than English)
- French language proficiency, a plus
Societe Generale’s Finance Department’s Digital & Transformation Office(DFIN/DTO) is dedicated to helping define define its vision and support its transformation. DFIN/DTO is in charge of Finance project portfolio and leads business transformation projects and change management.
We partner with IT departments in various systems projects by defining business requirements and oversees the implementation to improve operational efficiency and improve control environment.
DTO also leads various business and digital transformation initiatives for DFIN and plays a key role as a control tower supporting the senior management of the Finance department.
As part of a global team, DFIN/DTO in Americas (covering U.S., Canada, and Brazil) manages project portfolios with following competencies:
- Accounting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- Liquidity (Stress Testing, Model Documentation, Control, Policies and Procedures)
- Data Management (Data Quality Assessment and Remediation)
- Digital Transformation (Robotic Automation, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Business Development Support and Change Management
Some examples of projects/activities which the DTO group is engaged in are:
- Lead transformation initiatives for Finance department (both process enhancement and information systems projects) by providing preliminary studies in all fields – write business requirements and test cases.
- Partnering with IT department in information systems projects that impact the finance department – lead the functional design, benefits analysis, UAT, and change management. Monitor the project execution (project plan, issues resolution / escalation) and provide close support to Finance sponsors during the project life cycle.
- Work closely with global Finance project teams in the global transformation programs - new accounting rules (IFRS, French, or US GAAP) and/or new global process.
- Conduct the studies (strategic, tactical, assessment) as requested by DFIN senior management.
- Lead digital transformation – implement Robotic Process Automation, Business Intelligence Tools, and explore new technologies that can be applied to Finance
- Closely Interacting with Operations (Middle and Back Office) and Front Office to assess the impact of new business and implement the appropriate downstream processes (accounting, regulatory, liquidity, capital, etc.) where necessary. Provide impact analysis for Finance processes and lead the change management for the users within Finance department.
- Handling complex operational tasks, resolving complex problems, and recommending enhancements of processes and technology.