Graduate Trainee - Desktop Support and Infrastructure Engineer
The Societe Generale Australia IT team supports the local infrastructure, applications and users. The position involves working closely with Senior IT staff to support users within the Sydney team including listed derivatives traders, and remotely with IT teams across various locations (US and Asia Pacific). The role also involves supporting SG Australia’s infrastructure, critical applications, end users and clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Provide daily technical support for end users based in the Sydney office
- Incident and Request management: Trouble shoot and resolve IT, software and hardware requests received via tickets, emails and walk ups
- Create and update cases via the internal ticketing system
- Maintain accurate inventory of IT assets: including system documentation, hardware & software inventory
- Provide support in all IT crisis management activities as required
- Contribute to local infrastructure support and maintenance as the local relay for remote skilled teams (Network, Voice, Digital Workplace, Servers etc.)
- Datacenter management: provide support and ongoing review of issues with data centre infrastructure and performance, hardware/software assets
- Assist the local team in liaising with third-party providers and vendors
- Participate in Business Continuity (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) exercises as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related field
- Post graduate qualifications considered favourably
- Experience in desktop support is desirable
- Solid understanding of Microsoft products
- Familiarity with Desktop and Laptop knowledge
- Technical understanding of Windows 10 / 11, Active Directory, TCP/IP, File/Print services, ACL,
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office generally
- Knowledge of real time data feed and trading applications such as Reuters, Bloomberg, EBS, Exchange and Brokers and IP, Trading and Mobile is desirable
Behavioural Compentencies Required
- Solid analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus and good interpersonal skills with an ability to foster effective relationships with key stakeholders, 3rd parties and remote internal teams
- Ability to work independently
- Considered to be a team player
- Holds a high sense of accountability and ownership
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
Societe Generale, one of Europe's leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supports 30 million clients every day with 133,000 staff in 61 countries. Our Group draws on our European roots to develop our activities internationally. Our unique geographic positioning enables us to connect Europe and Africa with major global financial centres in Asia and the Americas. The Group combines financial strength, proven expertise in innovation and a sustainable growth strategy with the objective of creating value for all our stakeholders. We seek to be a trusted partner in the projects of those building tomorrow's world today.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, we currently provide financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of our client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as debt capital markets, asset-backed products and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports our Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs and our global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are currently recruiting a Graduate Trainee - - Desktop Support and Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Australia. The successful candidate will be employed to work full time hours on a fixed term 12-month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation that values diversity. The successful candidate will involved in a broad range of IT transactions and will build close relationships with local teams and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.