The Legal function in Australia is responsible for providing legal advice services in relation to all of the Lending and Markets based businesses which are located in the Societe Generale Sydney office. The major accountabilities and principal responsibilities for the role are:
1. Providing legal advice, focusing on the financing business of the bank, including drafting, negotiation an review of related documentation and advising on the interpretation of laws and regulations and liaising with external counsel where necessary to the following business lines:
a. Project Finance lending teams in Australia and Hong Kong, including Infrastructure, Metals and Mining, and Energy;
b. Asset Backed Lending business in Australia which focuses on securitization and structured debt opportunities;
c. Real Estate Financing business in Australia;
d. Debt Capital Markets business in Australia;
e. Corporate coverage lending business in Australia and Hong Kong; and
f. Markets based business in Australia including ASX24 futures desk, Structured Products and Equity Derivatives
Legal support to these business lines may involve tasks including the review of non-disclosure agreements, commitment letters, legal opinions, facility agreements and related security arrangements, including bilateral and syndicated financing, and project financing and finance-related hedging.
2. Providing legal advice and assistance on legal matters to the front office, back office and middle office representatives and other teams or departments of the bank (including other legal teams in Asia and Europe) in connection with the local and regional activities.
3. Providing day-to-day transaction support and managing internal and administrative processes relating to the Australian business.
4. Staying up-to-date on developments and change in the regulatory sector which could affect the Australian business
5. Reporting and escalating appropriate matters on an ongoing and regular basis to the line manager and working closely with other members of the legal department across the APAC region.
6. Providing assistance in updating guidelines, procedures and standard templates.
7. Other financing-related work covered by the legal department.