1. Supervision of Audit assignments
• Managing the efficient and effective delivery of assigned audits and ensure that staff under their supervision meet the quality standards and timeliness as per prescribed methodology. (proactively notifying Audit Director / Audit Management of any significant anticipated variances from budget or timeline).
• Managing the staff evaluations process on assigned audits, ensuring that assignment and staff objectives are set for all auditors on their assignments (in line with individual development objectives), and ensuring that constructive and timely feedback is provided. Timely escalation of any staff performance issues to the Audit Director / Audit Management.
• Responsible for reviewing and signing off all work papers on audits under their supervision and ensuring that review points are satisfactorily cleared.
2. Continuous Monitoring and Risk assessment
• Maintain an appropriate level of interaction/ co-operation with auditees so as to maintain positive business relationships.
• Overall responsibility for timely and effective Continuous monitoring and risk assessment for assigned business areas.
• Working with the Audit Director to ensure effective escalation of Continuous Monitoring and Risk Assessment results to Audit management.
• Coordination with other Global and Regional counterparts including Business correspondents on both Continuous Monitoring and Risk assessments for audit planning.
3. Occasionally perform other project work and perform special assignments:
• For example, on Assignments requested by Audit Management, with other SG GSC Audit departments or with Inspection Générale.
4. Proactive follow-up of outstanding audit recommendations until implementation:
• Ensure timely and rigorous (i.e. reviewed, validated and well-documented) follow-up of audit recommendations through to completion for their assigned business area.
• Anticipation and identification of delays and issues in relation to deliverables and discussing these as part of ongoing Continuous Monitoring.
• Reporting on recommendation follow up status to Audit Director / Audit Management on a regular basis including suggestions on the allocation of recommendations to the team members (in relation to team member’s workload).
5. Assist the Regional Audit Management in the administration and planning of departmental activities: As required, for example initiatives to improve audit procedures, processes, quality or knowledge sharing.
Resource planning and allocation to ensure appropriate levels of utilization.
6. Coaching of less experienced audit staff:
• Provide assistance, advice and practical training to less experienced staff colleagues on the audit process/ methodology and SG businesses and products.
• Provide honest, constructive and timely performance feedback to team members.
7. Maintain a good level of interaction with auditees:
• Schedule and attend ongoing meetings, continuously monitoring the follow-up of recommendations and oversee other auditors’ interaction with auditees in assigned areas.
• Fulfill all quality standards expected of a Audit Supervisor as defined by Audit Director / Audit Management and QA methodology
• .Ensure teams understand expectations in terms of the scope and approach for each mission.
• Ensure teams set key mission milestones and monitor budget and deadline performance at each tollgate.
• Ensure missions are planned in sufficient detail and mission plans are reviewed / updated throughout each mission.
• Provide adequate on-the-job supervision and coaching to Heads of Mission and less experienced staff.
• Allocate sufficient time to the mission that reflects teams skills and experience.
• Perform detailed work paper and file reviews in a timely manner to quality expectations.
• Provide timely feedback to team members if quality is found to be below standard.
9. Conduct and Ethical Standards:
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk or compliance requirements (e.g. security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny and professional practice standards defined by the IIA.
• You are expected to comply with the requirements of the DCPE Handbook, IGAD SG GSC Local policies and procedures and International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
• Adhere Professional standards and Code of Ethics on an annual basis.
Shall perform your work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility.
Shall observe the law and make disclosures expected by the law and the profession.
Shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal activity, or engage in acts that are discreditable to the profession of internal auditing or to the organization.
Shall respect and contribute to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization.
Shall not participate in any activity or relationship that may impair or be presumed to impair their unbiased assessment. This participation includes those activities or relationships that may be in conflict with the interests of the organization.
Shall not accept anything that may impair or be presumed to impair your professional judgment.
Shall disclose all material facts known to you that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of activities under review.
Shall be prudent in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of your duties.
Shall not use information for any personal gain or in any manner that would be contrary to the law or detrimental to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.