Job reference: 20000CG9
Job title: Head of Assignment, Private Banking Audit
Posting date: 16th September 2020
Closing date: 16th October 2020
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
The Inspection and Audit Division (IGAD) is responsible for Internal Audit activity for the Société Générale Group. IGAD carries out independent reviews of operational entities, aiming at ensuring in an objective, thorough and impartial manner the compliance of the Group’s operations, the level of risk actually incurred, the enforcement of procedures and the effectiveness and relevance of the corresponding permanent control set up.
IGAD issues recommendations in order to better manage risks and increase the efficiency of the Group’s activity. The Audit teams cover all the risks in the jurisdictions they are in charge of. General Inspection, besides audit work, develops strategic views and may conduct consulting assignments for all sectors and activities of the Group. In order to achieve their objectives, Inspection and Audit work together to perform an annual risk assessment to develop an intervention plan. On completion of their assignments, recommendations are published and followed up to ensure appropriate corrective actions have been implemented by the auditees.
Audit teams carry out audit assignments aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the internal control system, specifically:
- monitoring the application of internal or external procedures and regulations;
- assessing the security of the processing;
- assessing the quality of accounting and financial data; and the alignment of IT systems with the needs of the entity.
· Under the direction of an Audit Supervisor, complete the planning, execution and reporting of assigned audits as part of the Private Banking team (“PRIV” team);
· Perform projects and special assignments as required;
· Ensure timely and complete follow-up (review, validation, and documentation) of outstanding audit recommendations;
· Coach and supervise less experienced audit staff;
· Adhere to Quality standards and encourage quality and innovation in all aspects of work;
· Work closely and maintain a good level of positive interaction/ co-operation with auditees as well as with direct team members and Auditors in other locations.
· Actively participate and/or perform the yearly risk assessment as supervised by Audit Directors and Regional Supervisors and contribute to continuous monitoring activities, as required.
1. Performing audit missions:
As Head of Mission, you will ensure that:
As mission team member when required:
2. Occasionally, perform other Projects and perform Special Assignments
· For example, on Assignments requested by Audit Management, with other SG Audit departments or with Inspection Générale.
· From time to time Audit management may assign specific tasks related to the organization and running of the department, e.g. some projects related to various aspects of departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Proactive follow-up of outstanding audit recommendations until implementation:
· Timely and rigorous (i.e. reviewed, validated and well-documented) follow-up of allocated audit recommendations until completion.
· Anticipation and identification of delays and issues in relation to deliverables.
· Appropriate escalation and active assistance in the resolution of issues raised during the recommendation implementation process.
· Reporting on recommendation follow up status to Audit Management on a regular basis.
4. Coaching of less experienced audit staff:
· Provide assistance, advice and practical training to less experienced colleagues on both the audit process/ methodology and SG businesses and products.
5. Risk Assessment – Actively participate in the yearly risk assessment and contribute to Continuous Monitoring activity as required.
6. Quality and Innovation
· Fulfil all departmental quality standards and proactively respond to improvement areas identified from QAIP reviews;
· When assigned responsibility for other audit staff, ensure that departmental quality standards are adhered to;
· Identify improvement opportunities and ways to innovate in all aspects of work. Encourage assigned staff to do the same;
· Proactively support IGAD transformation initiatives.
7. Conduct and Ethical Standards:
· Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk or compliance requirements (e.g. security policies and regulatory requirements).
· Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Société Generales Code of Conduct and corresponding regulations. Proactively look for changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
· Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny and professional practice standards defined by the IIA.
· You are expected to comply with the requirements of the IGAD Handbook, IGAD UK Local policies and procedures and International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
· All audit staff are required to sign the IIA Declaration of Professional standards and Code of Ethics on an annual basis. You sign to agree conformance to the following rules of conduct:
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY AND AUTHORITY
· Able to make decisions on individual assignments. However, assignments are subject to review at all stages by Supervisor/Head of Department.
· No delegation to express internal audit 'opinion' without prior clearance by Audit management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.