The position is based in Taipei with several short-term travels of 1-2 weeks expected throughout the year in Asia Pacific. For the requirements of candidate profile:Academic background and relevant working experience:
Behavioral competencies and soft skills:
- Bachelor degree or above in risk / compliance / audit / accounting such as Chartered Accountancy or a Certification course in Accounting.
- Preferably CIA / ACAMS or should enroll for at least one of these courses. These certifications and memberships are encouraged by IGAD/AUD to promote professionalism.
- Relevant certification required to be registered as statutory auditor under Taiwan Securities and Futures Bureau (SFB).
- For Chartered Accountants / Professionally qualified candidates, a post qualification experience of 10-15 years preferably in banking environment in similar function as internal audit. Experience of working in reputed professional audit firms with exposure to financial services may also be considered good. Experience of leading audit teams / acting as Head of Audit, working in diverse / multi-national culture is desired.
- Able to work independently and proactively, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to deliver quality audits on time.
- Good communication skills and maintain effective relationship with the auditees, senior managements and regulators.
- Robust analytical skills to relate relevant risks with potential business exposure.
- Fluent command of English and Chinese, with good report writing and presentation skills in both languages.
- Works cooperatively and transparently; contributes to sustain the team spirit.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Inspection General and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is Societe Generale Group 3rd line of Defense under the authority of the Head of Inspection and Audit, who reports directly to the Group's Chief Executive Officer. Audit is organized in geographical and functional zones, while General Inspection on top of audit work covers more particularly major risks for the Group, transversal topics and strategic issues.
IGAD assesses the compliance of the Group's operations, the effective level of risk exposure, the adequate enforcement of procedures, and the effectiveness and relevance of the permanent control set-up. IGAD also assesses the audited entity's management's risk awareness and gives its opinion on compliance with the rules of business conduct and expected professional practices.
The main tasks of IGAD are to assess the compliance of transactions, actual risk exposure, respect of procedures as well as the relevancy and efficiency of permanent control. This is managed thanks to an objective, rigorous and unbiased approach.
The Local Head of Audit is in charge of auditing the Group activities for a given country (Bank and SG securities). He/she works in cooperation with the Business correspondents.