Description of the Business Line or Department
The B2B segment of the KH Commercial department is responsible for the successful management and growth of the Bank’s activities with IFAs and FIMs, based in London and across UK Regions.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Act as the conduit for Kleinwort Hambros in the IFA market, working closely with Financial Advisers and their underlying clients.
- Drive proposition, AUM and revenue growth for the B2B business area, demonstrating strong client acquisition skills and consistent annual growths in NNMA and NBI.) Define route to market, current asset acquisition and staffing
- Ability to discuss and promote all aspects of the KH B2B proposition, including current investment positioning and views, lending requirements and cash deposits.
- Lead by example, motivate, and develop team members so that the highest level of team performance and client satisfaction can be achieved within the regulatory framework and SG Code of Conduct
- Ensure B2B Private Banking teams operate within and embed the Groups’ Risk and Compliance culture, Conduct and Group values as described in the Leadership Model and that they are compliant with all policies of the bank.
- To contribute to the management and strategic direction of the Kleinwort Hambros Commercial department.
Summary of responsibilities
- To define, coordinate and develop the segment’s business: to increase revenues and AUMs and improve PRIV and Kleinwort Hambros’ (KH) competitive position within their segment, including for their own clients;
- Provide effective leadership to the B2B organisation, to ensure a qualified, diverse workforce who are engaged and set up to successfully deliver to expectations.
- Assess current UK B2B population, what business should be expanded/retained/exited. What can be managed in the respective entities versus that which must stay onshore
- Implement appropriate organisational structure to optimise approach towards client segments, monitor and review and adapt where required over time
- Implement the strategy for the KH B2B client segment in line with the Commercial and KH Client strategy and objectives;
- Manage time effectively achieving balance between dedicated client focus (estimated at 25-40%) and leading/managing team.
- Lead B2B P&L, NNMA, ROA, Direct cost/income ratio, penetration rate etc always striving to exceed budget performance
- Manage requirements of Triple A WUI delivery, ensuring this meets clients needs both in UK and CI across all B2B client types.
- Provide thought leadership and effectively contribute to the Commercial department management, in support of delivering Commercial & KH objectives
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across a wide range of products and services of the Private Bank to ensure relevant clients are targeted with best product and service information.
- Update personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally.
- Develop strong relationships with IFAs to ensure their requirements are met and to ensure a high level of personal service
- Be able to identify further opportunities for the broader B2B business and facilitate introductions accordingly.
- Accountable for B2B budget setting and business planning in line with overall Commercial department objectives
- Drive for increased sales activity and results of the B2B team, initiating new sales initiatives in support of this
- Implement a suitable marketing strategy, enhancing digital capability, in support of Commercial and KH goals
- Maintain strong relationships with other Commercial Segment Heads, Wealth Planning, Credit and Wealth Management solutions team to ensure Private Banking opportunities are maximised in these areas
- Line management responsibilities including performance review, compliance and risk management, recruitment, training, annual compensation review.
- Ensure proactive performance and talent management across the organisation in support of strong performance and delivery and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain a culture of effective risk and compliance governance within B2B Private Banking.
- Lead by example and ensure all employees understand and adhere to internal and external risk and compliance requirements and procedures.
- Maintain operational and conduct risk awareness and exposure in daily activities
- Ensure all employees in team are fully aware of any changes in Commercial policies and are fully compliant with any requirements.
- Complete GPS Risk reports within Group Risk timeframes
- Ensure any necessary new product training is implemented
- Ensure proactive personal development in line with the market and undertake relevant training, supported by appropriate professional qualifications where required.
- Individual and team accountability to ensure all duties are performed in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to role holder responsibilities, to ensure adherence to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.
- ‘A’ signatory – money transmission and securities transactions.
- The role holder commits to fully respecting SG Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks.
- Respect of local SG procedure and regulation.
- Application of SG Code of Conduct.
- Application of Customer Excellence tools.
- Maintain awareness of operational risks exposure in their daily activities and seek advice from their Management and local Operational Risk Manager to prevent issues.
Level of autonomy and authority
Job holder can authorise and make private client financial decisions within the business proposition
Team performance management strategies and day to day management in line with HR advice and guidance