Société Générale Global Transaction Banking (GTB) includes Payments & Cash Management (PCM), Cash Clearing services (BAN), Trade Finance services (TRA), Factoring (SG Factoring) and Foreign Exchange services (FX) associated to these activities. GTB in SG Brussels has both a cash management and a trade finance team. With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, Payments & Cash Management (PCM) is a strategic activity for Société Générale. We can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over many years. Cash Management includes all the processes companies use to improve their treasury management. It allows companies to have better control of their financial and cash flows and to improve their information gathering. In a group of companies, cash management can be used to manage risks such as liquidity risk. It is also used to control interest and exchange rates which may affect the company.
The Payments & Cash Management team in SG Brussels branch delivers and supports transactional banking products and services that are provided to our corporate Clients including:
- Bank account management.
- Execution and settlement of domestic and international payment orders and collection services.
- Secure electronic channels for the exchange of balance and transaction information and payment orders.
- Financing arrangements where we provide intraday and overnight facilities.
- Domestic and international inter-company cash pooling and netting.
- Domestic guarantees.
The Trade Finance team in SG Brussels promotes, manages and develops Trade Finance transactions and solutions for its corporate Clients. Furthermore, it is actively acquiring new business prospects in close cooperation with the global Trade Finance network and other related departments in the Bank. Products and services marketed by the Trade Finance team include, amongst others, international bank guarantees, import Letters of Credit and export Letters of Credit.
As a member of the Société Générale GTB team, your goal will be to assist the Payment & Cash Management and Trade Finance Front Office sales team along with global bankers in relationship management activities focused on their portfolio of large corporate clients by providing consistent, high quality client service and support to achieve high client satisfaction and loyalty.
Part of the Global Transaction Banking business line, the Client Service team is a Client-facing team within the Payments & Cash Management & the Trade Finance department, and the role of the Head of Client Service is to lead this team in their day to day activity.
The team is key to the delivery and support of the transactional banking products and services offered by the Payments & Cash Management & the Trade Finance departments, which is achieved by adhering to these objectives:
- Supervising the team to ensure that a high-quality service is delivered, this is achieved by verifying that all tasks are completed accurately and correctly first time, every time.
- Demonstrating clear and effective communication by providing both colleagues and Clients with relevant information and comprehensive answers to their enquiries.
The expectation is that by complying with these objectives then our Clients will be provided with the highest standard of Client Service and service available
As part of a Client-facing team, your role requires a strong client service orientation, detailed operational process knowledge, good planning and communication skills as well as professional integrity at all times.
You will be an effective team player and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build and influence business relationships at operational levels of our multicultural organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead, support and develop the Client Support team to ensure they have both the knowledge and skills required to perform their role.
- Management of individual application rights to ensure that the Client Support team have access to the tools and data necessary to perform their role.
- Working with the front office sales team to facilitate the delivery of products and services for Clients.
- Co-ordinating Client on-boarding, account opening and closure within the team.
- Supervising the implementation and support of both domestic and international Cash Management products and services and trade finance transactions.
- Quality control checks to ensure that processes are correctly performed and completed.
- Manage the operational relationship with both settlement agents and correspondent banks.
- Interact with back office teams to ensure that all business activity is conducted and completed in accordance with regulation and policy.
- Creates and maintains required documentation/manuals to work towards standardizing implementation processes.
- Ensure Credit/Risk recommendations, Compliance, KYC Procedures and other GTB Procedures Guidelines / Manuals are implemented and adhered to.
- Develop a close relationship with Client throughout the pre, mid and post implementation stages.
- Ensure a proper task segregation as per target operating model guidelines and promote/implement central initiatives aiming at improving client centricity and satisfaction.