Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Global Transaction & Payment Services (GTPS) includes Payment & Cash Management (PCM), Trade Services (TRA), Factoring (CGA) and Cash Clearing Services (BAN), as well as the FX services associated with these activities.
The PCM team delivers and supports cash management products and services that are provided to our corporate customers. With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, PCM is a strategic activity for Societe Generale, and we can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years.
The TRA team delivers all trade-related services such as documentary credits or LCs, Standby Letters of Credit, International guarantees and finance associated across 50 countries.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The main responsibility of the position holder is to lead the GTPS PCM Sales team for the UK acting as ambassador in the market and role model for the PCM Commercial team.
The candidate will work with management at local and global level in developing PCM sales strategy and defining target segments.
He/she will implement the PCM commercial strategy for clients and prospects based in the UK.
He/she will build and maintain strong relationships with clients and potential clients and promote GTPS’s reputation and service offering to clients based in the UK.
He/she will ensure a solid cooperation is built and maintained with the other BLs in the UK (GLBA, MARK…)
He/she will also take all relevant actions to anticipate and mitigate risks.
Summary of responsibilities
- Lead the team of PCM Sales covering the UK with the aim to fulfil the sales qualitative and quantitative objectives (NBI target, client facing meetings target, etc),
- Day to day management of the PCM Sales team in the UK including a Sales Facilitation Unit,
- Development of a PCM sales strategy aligned with the UK market evolutions and the services offering of GTPS,
- Cross Selling of the GTPS PCM global products towards UK clients (corporates and NBFI)
- Development and monitoring of the GLBA/GTPS initiative aimed at delivering a systematic cross selling to customers
- Dynamic and proactive development of a sales pipeline,
- Execution of the business development strategies across all client segments,
- Relationship management with existing clients,
- Permanent market research (payment & cash management services industry, regulatory evolutions leading to business opportunities)
- Rolling out within his/her team of the best practices with the support of central tools (IC Anywhere, Scorecards etc …),
- Take all relevant actions to anticipate and mitigate risks. Comply with risk, regulatory and compliance obligations at all times