- Direct responsibility for the Procurement, Accounts Payable, Expense Accounting and Accounts Receivable operational activity for multiple business units across various countries in compliance with the service level agreements
- Conducts the performance management process, identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the function/group
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff which includes coaching, mentoring and context sharing while fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Makes staffing decisions, and ensure resources are available to accomplish priorities
- Collaborates with the Global Head to develop the team’s strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit; follows through to ensure that objectives are met
- Engages teams in the transformation of the department by organizing their contribution and supporting their development
- Develops unit budget, manages the expenses for the group/ unit and delivers on the efficiency gains
- Ensures the coherence and monitoring of the risk and control framework and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- Liaises with the Business and Partners to develop and influence strategy & solutions in support of their goals and objectives
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable and expense accounting is an advantage
- Experience with PeopleSoft Systems, CONCUR, SAP Ariba is an advantage
- Possess strong customer service acumen
- Great ability to understand and apply the strategic issues of the Finance Department, the centralized shared services centers and the PTP operations department.
- Ability to manage large teams and highly adept at building resiliency within them
- Must be an excellent motivator and communicator and should demonstrate success in managing diverse cross functional teams
- A continuous improvement mindset and an understanding of new technologies within PTP processes in the market
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of process automation tools and AI tools in PTP is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, negotiation, analytical, change management and interpersonal skills
- Communication and Cooperation. Knows how to implement a constructive and balanced dialogue with the various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or in a related discipline
- At least 15 or more years of experience in managing operational/project teams
- Proven track record with large global organizations
- Staff under supervision
Full-time staff in hierarchical: 110 including 5 direct reports
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
Within the Shared Service Finance Operations Department (DFIN/DOM), comprising Paris, Bucharest and Bangalore platforms, the PTP Shared Services Centre (CSP) in India (~110 people) is in charge of providing the back-office management of all SG purchases supporting AMER, Canada, UK, Europe, Middle East, India and Asia. The main responsibilities are; supplier referential, monitoring of purchases made by all BU/SUs, management of receipts, invoice processing, reconciliation and payment of invoices, management of supplier accounting, asset management, accounts reconciliation, billing, collections and contribution to the management of Group expenses.
The quality of this management depends on the bank's ability to meet regulatory requirements (payment of invoices on time, quality of accounting), to contribute to the Group's CSR image (responsible supplier relationship price) and to contribute to an efficient management of the Group's expenses. The PTP department of Finance Operations has embarked on a major transformation of its model and its contribution to the purchasing value chain.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.