Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Access to Cash and Derivatives
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Coverage of Hedge Fund clients on rates product
Idea generation across rates and macro
Mentoring and development of junior staff
Team work, cross coverage of account, back up and sharing of information and ideas
Work with trading to maximise the rates wallet and product for SG
Work with research and FSS to promote the SG platform
Summary of responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
- Act as lead the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
- Define and implement a business plan to develop SG business
- To initiate and develop relationships and execute transactions with these clients.
- On-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
- Develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
- Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
- Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
- Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
- To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients needs and / or develop new client prospects
- Produce commercial documents e.g. marketing presentations, term sheets, scenario analysis with the support of Marketing and Structuring Teams
- Participate in regional/ global business line sales meetings as directed
- Provide input in to BL Management Information/ reporting to track progress regionally and globally
- Identify and introduce / refer cross-selling opportunities to other MARK business lines
Product Scope Responsibilities
- Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
- Ensure business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
- Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
- Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
- To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
- Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager