• Education – Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior 2 to 5 years generalist work experience in a HR related role will be advantageous
• Must be able to communicate and write in fluent English
• Must be able to work on simple data analysis in MS Excel and prepare presentations including graphs and organization charts in MS PowerPoint
• Should be familiar with MS Outlook for scheduling meetings and e-mail communication
• Good listening and summarizing skills
• Organized and diligent with a natural inclination for planning and follow through
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others in different locations
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The HR Generalist is instrumental to the team’s success in contributing to a great employee experience and engagement, and achieving people strategies for the client group(s) and the region. The candidate will support and work in close partnership with the HR Business Partner for the assigned client group(s), in delivering and executing HR transactions of the employee life cycle, HR campaigns, and various HR projects. A successful candidate will manage these responsibilities efficiently and effectively while mitigating risks, and ensuring full compliance with local regulatory and legal frameworks.