Description of the Business Line or Department
The Human Resources department is responsible for:
· Developing the BU/SU and SG Group’s attractiveness as a responsible employer notably in terms of career opportunities, people development, compensation, diversity and working environment;
· Addressing the larger challenges of the BU/SU and SG Group notably in terms of managerial culture, performance management and people engagement;
· Contributing to the BU/SU and SG Group competitiveness by maintaining critical staffing levels and talented profiles;
Supporting the strategy and transformation by accompanying the teams and working on their employability.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· The HR Advisor is responsible for supporting the HR Business Partners in the management and development of human capital for a specific population of the Business, i.e. front office business lines or support functions.
· The HR Advisor is responsible for providing advice and guidance in relation to people issues in their business line,
· The HR Advisor works with, guiding and supporting the shared service teams
Summary of responsibilities
1. Employee Relations
· Working in partnership with the HRBPs and ER Manager in dealing with employee relations issues
· Managing all leave of absence requests (maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, adoption, career break, parental leave and all flexible working requests)
· Managing entire sickness process (including long term sickness cases)
· Attending and contributing to weekly ER meetings
· Managing data leakage cases
· Managing Subject Access Requests in conjunction with the ROCS department
· Managing any adverse background screening results
· Preparing some ER letters and any related documentation
· Advising managers and new joiners on any queries they may have
· Working with and liaising with the Recruitment Team as necessary
· Acting as a point of contact for Compliance in regard to any new joiners who are FCA approved
· Attending the weekly new joiner induction and advising new starters on any onboarding related questions, (plus being a backup for running the session)
· Reviewing background screening reports and taking steps to assess and resolve any adverse findings
· Managing expectations and delivering the message to both the new joiner and the business when start dates needs to be delayed
3. Career Management
· Regularly analysing relevant absence record reports and flagging any concerns/trends and following up as appropriate
· Managing probation extension cases, executing and coordinating process
· Execute and coordinate the internal transfer process
· Manage any work permit and on-going visa issues (outside of recruitment)
· Point of contact for employees returning to the UK after secondment
· Coordinate exit process and conduct exit interview
· Coordinate garden leave meetings
· Advise employees and managers as appropriate
· Work on settlement agreements including liaising with relevant parties for all information
5. Work closely with regulatory advisor on all Accountability Regime activities
6. Point of contact for complex administrative tasks and questions (often involves calling managers and other departments)
7. Escalation point for administrative errors/delays in your business lines
8. Work with the HR Assistant on any projects including annual large data exercises
9. Continuously focus on improving and streamlining current processes
10. Work with the Business Partners and other teams in HR on any regular and annual exercises (talent, Campus events, Annual Compensation Review (ACR), promotions, McLagan, annual visa checks, etc)
11. Guiding the offshored administration teams on any HR transactions, checking their work when necessary
12. Working with and guiding the Middle Office HR Assistant when applicable
13. Contribute to Middle Office team meetings and departmental presentations when appropriate.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The HR Advisor works closely with the associated HR Business Partner and ensures that decisions are explained
and agreed before acting upon.
The HR Advisor works in close cooperation with the off shored administration team (CIHRS), the off shored employee contact Centre (MyHR), the Recruitment team and other Specialist Teams (e.g. Compensation and Benefits, PTD) and the HR Business Partners in the other regions.
The HR Advisor also works with other internal teams including Information Technology, Accounting, Facilities, Security and Anti-Fraud Expertise (ROCs), Business Continuity Management, Legal, Compliance etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.