Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
HR advisory to the Business - With the management of their client group, the HR Business Partner is involved in drawing up staffing plans (additional/replacement hires) and is responsible for their implementation, giving insight on appropriate time frames, targeted profiles, sourcing channels and any other relevant HR-related issues.
Global efficiency - Excluding high fliers, the HR Business Partner is the single point of contact for all hires within their client group and leads the recruitment process. Specifically the HR Business Partner:
- Supervises upstream budgetary agreements for job openings in conjunction with the client group COO team
- Implements a specific recruitment strategy for each vacancy
- Initiates an appropriate candidate selection and interview process in conjunction with line management
- Participates in the negotiation of financial and legal terms and conditions, in accordance with the applicable delegation rules
- Ensures efficient on boarding of new hires
The HR Business Partner is the gatekeeper for the recruitment process and associated internal policy; including, but not limited to, sourcing channels, external providers selection, compensation rules, and contractual provisions.
Career Management and Mobility
- HR advisory to the Business
- Provides training and development for managers in all aspects of performance management
- Advises managers on strategic HR planning matters (anticipating profiles and skills to support business needs)
- Global efficiency
- Strives to ensure accuracy in the HR systems of data pertaining to staff
- "Knows" their client group and develops and maintains this knowledge through regular interaction with employees/managers
- Conducts regular career interviews with individuals, identifying target lists at the beginning of each year
- Advises and supports employees with regard to internal career management
- Monitors difficult nobilities and formalizes an action plan
- Coordinates international assignments in partnership with the specialist International Assignment Team, linking all stakeholders in the secondment process
- Encourages use of the Mobility Charter
- Ensures that the international mobility policy is applied consistently
Talent management and promotion of managerial culture (in collaboration with HUMN/PTD)
- Ensures that the Business participates in the 360° process as appropriate
- Contributes to the formalization of succession plans for key positions
- In conjunction with PTD formulates an appropriate training and development plan and influences the local training offering Global efficiency
- Identifies, along with managers, talents and key resources in their client group gains a deep knowledge of those staff
- Works with the Business to ensure that each "key" employee has a formalized personal development plan in their annual objectives
- Implements all talent initiatives (coming from HUMN or from the Group) within their client group
- Educates and promotes the use of managerial tools (eValuation, what2manage.com, Manager Handbook, etc.)
- Proactively supports managers to prevent unnecessary redundancies by anticipating short and long term business needs
- Develops and trains managers in all aspects of managing poor performance
- Gathers data from exit interviews (see below) and supplies back to managers to identify trends/risks
- Systematically carries out exit interviews, analyzing reasons for departure and providing associate feedback
- Leads employee relations cases including rationalization/redundancy plan and individual terminations when required
- The HR Business Partner supports the Business in mitigation of legal risks in conjunction with grievance/disciplinary/redundancy processes.
Compensation (in cooperation with HUMN/C&B)
- Delivers regular market intelligence to managers
- Will advise and challenge managers during the compensation review of their teams, anticipating any potential issues
- Works with the Specialist team to build C&B packages for recruitment, mobility, departure and retention
- Coordinates the annual compensation review for their client group with the specialist teams
- Supports the C&B team by providing compensation information gathered from exit and recruitment interviews
- Ensures that all compensation decisions respect the Group and HUMN/C&B rules
- The HR Business Partner is responsible for permanent supervision within their perimeter.
- Whilst most reporting is now carried out centrally by the COO/business manager teams, the HR Business Partner is expected to contribute information when required and to add analytical insight to the raw data produced.
- The HR Business Partner may run/contribute to transversal projects as required, initiated either locally or transversally at HUMN level.