HR advisory to the Business: The HR Business Partner offers advice and guidance to their client
group’s management, aligning HR strategy to business objectives whilst mitigating risk.
Global efficiency: The HR Business Partner is responsible for the daily operational HR management of
their client group and is the first point of contact for all issues/processes to include: recruitment, mobility,
career management, compensation, training and talent management…
HR policies enabler: The HR Business Partner operates as an “expert” supporting HR policies and
contributing to the development of a strong HR-centric managerial culture.
Positioning (Contacts, Degree Of Autonomy/Authority):
Act as HR Site Manager for designated SG branches. Cooperate with Share Services Team Manager to facilitate smooth HR shared service delivery in SG China branches, and assigned portfolio.
The HR Business Partner works autonomously with their client group within the framework of the
applicable policies and delegation rules.
The HR Business Partner works in close cooperation with the Shared Services Team, the Specialist Teams and the HR Business Partners in the other business lines or support functions
- With the management, HRBP is involved in drawing up staffing plans and is responsible for their implementation, giving insight on appropriate time frames, targeted profiles and any other relevant HR-related issues in partnership with the Recruitment Team.
- Be the gatekeeper for the recruitment process and associated internal policy; including, but not limited to, sourcing channels, external providers selection, compensation rules, T&Cs requirements and contractual provisions.
Career Management and Mobility
- advises managers on strategic HR planning matters (anticipating profiles and skills to support business needs).
- “knows” the client group and advises managers and employees with regard to internal career management.
- coordinates international assignments and the specialist International Assignment Team, linking all stakeholders in the secondment process.
- encourages Mobility & ensures that the international mobility policy is applied consistently.
Talent management and promotion of managerial culture (in collaboration with HUMN/L&D)
- contributes to the formalization of succession plans for key positions.
- formulates an appropriate training and development plan and influences the local training offering.
- identifies, along with managers, talents and key resources in their client group and gains a deep knowledge of those staff.
- works with the Business to ensure that each “key” employee has a formalized personal development plan in their annual objectives.
- implements all talent initiatives.
- educates and promotes the use of managerial tools (PeopleSoft, eValuation, Manager Handbook, etc.).
- proactively supports managers with workforce planning; by anticipating short and long term business needs, and manages any restructuring and redundancies as appropriate.
- the development and training of managers in all aspects of managing poor performance.
- leads complex employee relations cases including rationalisation/redundancy plan and individual terminations.
- supports in mitigation of legal risks in conjunction with grievance/ disciplinary/ redundancy processes.
Compensation (in cooperation with HUMN/C&B)
- delivers regular market intelligence to managers.
- will advise and challenge managers during the compensation review of their teams, anticipating any potential issues.
- works with the Head of HR and the Specialist team to build C&B packages for recruitment, mobility, departure and retention.
- coordinates the annual compensation review for their client group with the Head of HR and the specialist teams.
- supports the C&B team by providing compensation information gathered from exit and recruitment interviews.
- ensures that all compensation decisions respect the Group and HUMN/C&B rules.
- other ad-hoc tasks when required.
- be able to travel when required.