Description of the Business Line or Department
The Investment Management (IM) team provides product and investment solutions, advice and support to the Private Banking team. IM is also responsible for managing discretionary portfolios. Having responsibility for product development, review, and risk management. The team support both internal and external sales of product shelf to ensure that products are sold correctly and in accordance with FCA regulations. All roles within the team are focused on delivery of a high level of both service and product ensuring the bank offers a robust investment platform in a profitable and professional manner.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
To manage discretionary investment portfolios in line with client objectives and Kleinwort Hambros Investment Committee (KHIC) Recommended Asset Allocations (RAA) in an efficient manner.
Summary of responsibilities
• Manage unconstrained discretionary portfolios in line with IM recommended portfolios and clients’ Investment and Risk
• Manage portfolios according to the established investment and dealing process for discretionary clients
• Adhere to the Discretionary Portfolio Management Policy, underlying investment strategy, regulatory requirements, compliance and guidelines
• Perform ongoing investment controlling, performance and risk monitoring of the portfolios
• Move non-restricted portfolios in line with assigned recommended portfolio in an agreed timeframe with adherence to the clients CGT requirements (if applicable)
• Support Portfolio Managers and Chief Investment Officer on management of Bespoke portfolios
• Transition unapproved holdings from discretionary accounts, aligning to RAA within CGT constraints
• Adhere to documented tolerance rules across the entire trading group/client portfolio
• Deliver portfolio investment performance that is consistent with the KH Investment Strategy
• Provide portfolio management support to Private Bankers
• Ensure when dealing that the implementation and book build procedure is met and covers the entire book of business within the established time frame
• Approach management of portfolios systematically following process to ensure errors are minimised
• Provide all clients with the same investment experience for their given risk profile
• Respond to all Investment Oversight Committee (IOC) matters promptly and within the required time
• Document all restrictions to portfolios
• Contribute and achieve personal and team targets throughout the year with Team Leader
• Work within investment team to help improve the construction and performance of recommended portfolios
• Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across a wide range of products and services of the Private Bank to ensure relevant clients are targeted with best product and service information
• Develop a sound knowledge of all stocks monitored on the approved lists and all KH investment products
• Maintain full, accurate files/notes of Portfolio Management correspondence/conversations using KH core systems to store.
• Improve the quality of client service to meet the requirements for client due diligence.
• Follow best practice within the regulatory framework, suitability, conduct risk and Treating Customers Fairly principles
• Meet ongoing suitability and conduct requirements at all times
• Understand and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures
Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGKH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationship.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Level of autonomy and authority
Limited to recommended portfolios and portfolio management policy. All exceptions to be signed off by Head of Portfolio Implementation.
Proven experience in portfolio management
Project Management skills
Advanced MS Excel skills
Strong attention to detail
Proven organisational skills
Strong team player
Good communicator both internal and external clients
Good knowledge of economics and global financial markets.
Understands currencies, knows about varying political situations and environmental information.
Knowledge of all asset vehicles and an understanding of their appropriateness under varying circumstances in applying them to client portfolios.
Discretionary Portfolio Management
Project Management or Business Analysis advantageous
Business or Finance Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Level 4 qualification - Regulated Qualifications Framework
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.