Interest Rates Exotic Trader Assistant
Within the Global Markets Division (MARK) of Societe Generale, you will join as an Intern in the USD Interest Rates Exotic Trading Desk within the Fixed Income department (FICC) in New York. Your focus will be on supporting market making activity for the desk on flow, exotics and investment strategies activities.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
- Monitoring of the desk risks to identify issues, missing trades, error deals etc. and working with trading support for resolution
- Daily management of exotic deals call exercises including notifying sales when optimal
- Booking validation of exotic trades
- Daily PnL reporting and analysis for the desk
- Weekly and monthly reporting of the desk activity
- Following market parameters through broker and month-end quotes
- Helping on specific projects to improve internal tools for relative value analysis and risk management of the book
- Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance and/or Engineering
- A previous experience in relation with Financial Markets would be appreciated
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient/Good command of MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Being able to analyze and synthesize the risks of a transaction from a quantitative standpoint.
- PYTHON / EXCEL / VBA: Very good knowledge of Excel and Python & VBA programming.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space.
Please see Civiweb www.civiweb.com , in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300067M
- Entity: SG Americas Securities
- Starting date: 2023/06/30
- Publication date: 2023/03/06