At the Montreal Solutions Centre (MSC), we develop software solutions for major financial centres in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Our solutions must remain competitive to develop or consolidate our market shares, launch new products and seize opportunities.
Unlike other multinationals, we promote an Agile culture at an international level and across a domain of uncommon breadth.
For us, Angular, C# and SQL are just languages to express our ideas
We all share the same ambition and desire to grow; not knowing something is just an opportunity to learn and to cooperate.
We look for business partnerships to undertake complex challenges, and we take pride in the value we create.
We have the freshness and passion of FinTech tackling the challenges of a major international bank.
We believe that being a good developer requires a solid understanding of all aspects of the software development cycle and the business in which our software operates.
We also place great importance on communication, quality and constant improvement.
The responsibilities of the analyst developer include the following:
- Producing new features. This doesn’t only mean writing code, but also making design/architectural decisions, testing, tracking quality-related metrics, and producing documentation.
- Demonstrating features to stakeholders and product owners to gain a solid understanding of the business and get feedback on work delivered.
- Participating in Scrum-related activities, such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint retrospectives, and demos.
- Delivering software that meets our standards and providing operational support if necessary.
- Taking some time to enjoy yourself by either joining some of our existing communities or by creating new ones.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
• Education and experience: University degree: Business computing, computer science, computer engineer
• At least 5 years of IT experience in complex information systems environments
• Experience in corporate and investment banking or finance an asset
• Ability to work with complex information systems
• Knowledge of the world of corporate finance (stock market, interest rates, derivatives, etc.)
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Organizational, methodological and analytical spirit
• Sense of communication
• SQL - SQL Server
• Design Pattern
• Agile Scrum
• Continuous Delivery & CI Implementation
• Test-driven development (TDD
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third-largest investment bank of the European Economic Area, and it is present in more than 76 countries worldwide.
With its Canadian subsidiary based in Montreal, SGCIB has been established in Canada since 1974 and today has more than 400 employees and consultants at its Montreal, Toronto and Calgary offices. SGCIB has positioned itself as a leader in interest rate and currency derivatives on the Canadian market.
The SG Montreal Solutions Centre (SG MSC) is an SG Entity dedicated to providing near-shore support for the finance and investment banking business it serves (SG CIB). MSC provides application support, development and infrastructure resources across the various departments. This function will be in the Montreal IT Solutions Centre.