- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Engineering/analytical mindset: Able to use scripting, batch, or other relevant programming language to build dashboard, automate tasks (Unix scripting, windows batch, Python, VBA, elastic search, Kibana, etc)
- Curious, self-learning and autonomous: Not afraid to ask questions, eager to learn and pick up new skills (both technical and functional)
- Passionate about technology: Proactive, innovative, likes to stay up to date with latest technologies and trends
- Some financial knowledge is a plus (Fixed Income, Rates, Forex, Structured products)
- Knowledge in Python is desirable
- Modern software development practices: Agile methodology, Continuous Delivery, Cloud Computing (Micro Services, Docker, etc.) is a plus
- Fluent in English is mandatory
This is a 2-3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
As part of the Business Support Unit, the IT team oversees development and support of tools used by FIC (Fixed Income and Currencies) traders, sales, and operation teams. The team is composed of 30+ developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong working to provide holistic system operation and improvement for our market making activities.