• Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar
• Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Bloomberg would be a plus
• Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives
• Commitment to work demanding hours with a positive attitude
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Willingness to step up in a small team environment
• Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate
• Fluency in English and Mandarin is mandatory, other Asian language would be a plus
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 3-month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and are available for the 3 month period.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
SG’s Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format.
The intern’s primary function will be to support the senior staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the group.