Skills and Education
Desired / Plus:
• Knowledge on Capital Market and Investment Banking Activities.
Technical Skills required :
• Good programming background in a structured, object-oriented language (Java, C#, etc.)
• Good knowledge of Spring framework
• Good knowledge of Front-end languages (AngularJS, Angular, React, etc.)
• Comfortable working on UNIX / Linux (Sysadmin, Shell Scripting, etc.) and Windows environments.
• Good knowledge of relational databases, excellent SQL skills.
• Understanding of the Agile and Continuous delivery.
• Experience with one or more: Source control management systems (GIT); Dependency management tools (Maven), Unit testing (JUnit), Code quality (Sonar), Continuous integration (Jenkins, XLDeploy) Virtual container (Docker EE), Object-relational mapping (Hibernate) and Automated acceptance testing (Cucumber).
Desired / Plus:
• Good programming background in scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.)
• Knowledge of FIX and other order/rfq/trading protocols.
• Understanding MQ Series or TIBCO middleware technologies.
Société Générale opened its Canadian head office in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to businesses, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
Today, we employ over 400 people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the information technology field, with the opening of our subsidiary SG Montreal Solutions Centre, which, thanks to its geographic location and cultural diversity, provides IT support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in issues related to corporate social responsibility, such as environmental protection or local communities?
Several resource groups for employees have been set up at Société Générale in Canada to help you get involved and flourish in the causes that matter most to you!
Get on board and get involved! We're here to support you!
In accordance with its commitment to provide a safe work environment for anyone accessing its facilities, as of November 15, 2021, under Societe Generale Canada's Covid-19 vaccination policy, only fully vaccinated employees will be allowed to come to the Montreal and Toronto offices.