As an Intern in the GTS Asia COO team, you would be involved in GTS's overall operations and strategy.
Learn and adapt to new technologies in short duration
- Shadow and assist PMs / PMO on day to day tasks.
- Expected to work on a mini data project managing approach and execution independently.
- Communication with stakeholders whilst understanding business outcome.
- Take project minutes and actions.
- Create management packs containing charting and presentation of KPI’s.
- Issue & Audit Point tracking
- Proficiency in data analysis tools e.g. PowerBi / Python to automate data discrepancies.
- Currently studying in a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information System or similar
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage and respect.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Group Technologies and Services Division (RESG/GTS) provides the Group’s Business Units and Service Units with infrastructure services, such as hosting of core business applications, work stations, collaborative services, and network and telephony services. In such respect, RESG/GTS manages the risk related to obsolescence and security of the infrastructures, and
ensures the production quality of the Information System (IS) for the core businesses.
GTS’s objectives are:
to build a homogeneous infrastructure platform, based on the principles of the Cloud;
to develop projects that contribute to the Group’s digital transformation;
to improve agility and operational efficiency and reduce infrastructure costs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230006YZ
- Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
- Starting date: 2023/06/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/13