Intern (m/f/d) - IT Trading Support
As an Intern, you will support trading units in Frankfurt, Paris and Hong Kong. You will be responsible for support for all derivatives issue and trading related activities as well as instrument statics. You will be optimizing internal data processing standards.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily tasks and processes like Basket Composition management
- Support for all derivatives issue and trading related activities as well as instrument statics
- Reconciliations and monitoring to ensure correct internal and external data
- Provider of various trading and product related reports
- General data maintenance: Delisting of ETFs, Stocks, ADRs, Indices, Bonds; Set up new future maturities; Set up missing Instruments (bonds, stocks etc.) in the static data base Flow Baskets and Instruments (FBI) which provides data to the trading system ICOM
- ETF and Index composition management: including composition validation and adjustment, liaising with data issuers
- Improvement and automation of the set-up processes (VBA, Python)
Experience & Technical Skills
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor or in Master degree in either Mathematics, IT or business administration
- Basic knowledge in Finance and financial products especially ETF will be of help
- Strong interest in trading related IT technology as you will be working with trading systems and related subsystems
- Basic knowledge in any coding language such as VBA, Python or C#
- Being familiar with SQL queries will be of help
- Fluent English (spoken and written) necessary to work in an international environment
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Interest in learning more about products with complex structures and payoffs
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 133,000 employees, based in 61 countries, accompany 30 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for an Intern for a period of 6 months, starting July 2023.
Take your chance and join our Transaction Support Unit (TSU) team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
You will join the Transaction Support Unit, whose role is to provide operational services to its dedicated business unit allowing it to operate efficiently and continuously develop its activities in alignment with the business needs.
The IT application scope “Flow Basket and Instruments” (FBI) contains mainly:
- the manufacturing process with e. g. a highly automated issuance process for in average 2.500 securitized certificates per day
- the ETF composition workflow for around 3.000 instruments including loading, processing, validation of data and fixing data issues
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.