The Second Level Controls team is a transversal role across the the Finance Shared Services Hub to analyse and report on accounting risks.
As a part of the Level 2 controls team, the primary responsibility is to check the quality and exhaustiveness of accounting controls deployed through the process of production from the Front Office, to the Back Office and Accounting production.
The key responsibilities are :
1. Check the quality and exhaustiveness of accounting controls all through the process of production from the Front Office, to the Back Office and Accounting production and challenge the results of the quarterly accounting certification.
2. Perform reviews to identify accounting risk and provide remediation plans, adequate challenge the design and execution of key accoutning controls in the Group.
3. Follow up on recommendation to ensure they are implemented effectively.
4. Participate to formulate the annual risk based work plan.
5. Perform adequate documentation to support the work done and publish the Level 2 control report.
6. Manage key stakeholders within the core business area.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
1. Challenging and analytical skills in order to be able to give an independent and relevant opinion on the control framework
2. Ability to perform a rigourous analysis of the Level 1 & 2 control framework.
3. Expert on accounting, regulatory or prudential (level 2) processes and its normative impact.
4. Ability to understand Banking & Investment business lines and able to challenge the processes with a continuous improvement mindset.
5. Strong audit and accounting skills and report writing skills
6.Fluent Command over English language
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) is a fully owned subsidiary of the European banking major, Societe Generale .
SGGSC has over 15 years of experience in sustainable delivery across information technology and banking operations. We are an employee focused organization, known for the extensive opportunities we provide for career progression and development.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.