At Société Générale, you will be joining International Banking and Financial Services business. With some 78,000 staff members and operations in 64 countries, the International Banking and Financial Services business offers a wide range of products and services to 31 million individual, professional and corporate customers.
As such, you will take part in Inspection and Audit missions, from A to Z (mission preparation to report writing).
- identify required and high value data to ensure fruitful missions’ outcomes coherent with mission’s objectives;
As a Data Scientist in Internal Audit, you will have constant connections with Business lines (Managers and teams) from the audited entities as well as with their Head Management representatives (locally or HQ).
As a challenge-oriented professional with a strong technical appetite, you are offered the opportunity to join Romanian Internal Audit team at BRD as a Data Scientist.
Particularly you will:
- make sure to understand and express missions needs for data access and extraction;
- ensure efficient communication and collaboration with data owner(s);
- organize data mining and collection, while ensuring the respect of its confidentiality and enforce regulatory and internal regulations regarding storage (compliance and information security must be guaranteed);
- be a force for bringing forward analysis proposals linked with mission objectives;
- rigorously perform data analyses (data checks, completeness, accuracy) in line with mission’s participants’ needs;
- present analyses’ results both to mission participants and audited departments;
- write detailed analysis report.
You may additionally have to travel to different entities of Société Générale Group worldwide, depending on the scope of your audit missions.
As a strong partner, you will have to help audit teams with the management of these data-induced changes in the audit techniques.
Moreover, you will have the opportunity to participate in an internationally-spanning “data community” associated with the Internal Audit Data Lab of a worldwide banking group, BRD is part of.
Finally, you will participate in training sessions in Paris at the beginning of your enrollment, and meet, interact and share your data-science knowledge with your peers from around the world.
Why join us? Take part in an enriching experience, which will give you a worldwide view of Société Générale Group. You will be interacting with numerous stakeholders and build a precious network in a time where Data Management is central to the Group strategy.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Bucharest is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate with a Master degree from Business school or University, in data science
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
First professional experience through internship (notably in data analysis area) will be a plus.
- you have a strong appetite for data related topics linked with the retail banking system
- you have a strong knowledge in data mining and machine learning, specifically from an algorithmic point of you.
- you are rigorous, responsibility-driven and result-oriented and you qualify as a problem solver
- you are proactive and you do not hesitate to share your point of view and differentiate yourself by finding innovative solutions existing beyond any pre-existing framework
- you like to work in a challenging operational environment with large autonomy
Language skills: good knowledge of English (read, spoken and written), French or Romanian would be a plus
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
IGAD department encompasses the General Inspection and Audit functions of Société Générale Group.
The main objectives assigned to the Audit department consist primarily in assessing -in an impartial, fact-based, rigorous, and unbiased approach- (i) compliance of transactions, (ii) risk exposure, (iii) respect of internal and regulatory procedures as well as (iv) the relevance and the efficiency of permanent control processes.
The relevance, accuracy and success of our audit missions strongly rely on our ability to access, extract and analyze insightful data available within the Group.
BRD is one of the main retail banks within Societe Generale, with 2.3 million clients and 750 branches. It has huge databases with information about clients and their transactions that are ready to be valued by the proper skills. The local audit department amounts to 55 employees including several other VIE positions and one data engineer.