- Graduated from a Business School/Engineering School or University, with a Master degree in Business Administration
- Practical experience gained through internships in a bank or a financial institution
- Generalist with interest to quickly familiarize with new topics
- Affinity for working within technical applications and with using data
- Very good command of MS Office, especially Excel
- Fluency in German and English (written and orally) is required
- Quick learner
- Proactive working approach
- Being open minded
- Attention to detail and quality orientation, as well as capacity to prioritize
- Flexibility and ability to adjust
- Good team player, but also ability to work independent
- Intercultural competence and good communication skills
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
In terms of knowledge and experience, you will gain:
- Concrete experience of internal audit
- Have the opportunity to discover the banking activities and specialized financial services
- Obtain experience of working in a multi cultural environment
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Hamburg is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 149,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
As VIE you will support the risk assessment process and audit assignments covering the activities within the scope of the Internal Audit Hub in Germany, located in Hamburg. In addition you will be involved in the establishment of reports to local Management as well as for the head office or regulators; you will participate in local projects e.g. regarding process optimization and support the Audit Team and Management by taking over organizational and administrative tasks.