The SGUS Compliance Department monitors the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities of SGUS and reports on the compliance risks and issues to SGUS and Global Compliance Senior Management. Additionally, the SGUS Compliance Department works closely with the Global Compliance Department in Paris to ensure effective implementation of Global Compliance policies and to coordinate all cross-border business transactions and activities. The SGUS Compliance Department is responsible for monitoring the handling of sensitive confidential business information by SGUS personnel through the Compliance Control Room. It administers the SGUS Employee Investment Policy, arranges for the registration of broker–dealer personnel, and conducts compliance training. In addition, the Advisory Team provides the various business lines with guidance and advice on relevant rules and regulations. The US Financial Crime department is responsible for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering (“AML”), Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and sanctions regulations for the US operations. Additionally, AML oversees key processes and risks of the KYC department.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the execution of Testing reviews as part of the Annual Compliance Testing (CTL) risk-based testing plan. Responsibilities will include:
- Gathering information sufficient to understand the process, risks and controls to be tested;
- Developing the testing program and testing scripts for reviews;
- Documenting review work with enough detail that a third-party can reasonably understand the testing performed and the results of testing;
- Identifying issues through testing, ensuring that appropriate action plans are being developed by the business to correct the deficiencies noted;
- Developing final testing reports to document and formally communicate testing results to stakeholders;
- Validating that the business has completed the agreed upon action plans by the due date;
- Assisting the Compliance Testing Head with development of the annual risk based CTL Testing Plan.
- Maintain regular engagement and provide feedback to key business and Compliance stakeholders.