Base Salary Range: $78,000 - $140,000
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
Societe Generale Global Transaction Banking (GTB) includes payment and cash management, cash clearing services, trade services, factoring and foreign exchange services associated to these activities. GTB integrates all the expertise and services required to facilitate the daily transactional activities of major economic and financial actors both in a domestic and international scope. As a major player in banking flows, we rely on our strong presence in both Europe and mature and emerging markets worldwide. With over 6,000 specialists in over 48 countries, Payments and Cash Management (PCM) is a strategic activity for Societe Generale. We can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years. As a real local Bank in all the countries where we operate, our global system ensures optimal coordination. We can intervene in cash management in Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, Overseas, and in the Middle East.
The responsiveness and dynamism of our teams, their accurate knowledge of market trends and regulations, the strength of our networks and our diverse range of products allow us to optimize the daily management of the cash flow, the commercial and financial transactions for our corporate clients.
The candidate will have strong and proven experience in PCM and Client Relationship Management from an International Bank. The track record would include major cash management deals with namely US headquartered clients.
The main responsibility will be to support the PCM Sales Directors in servicing large US corporate companies (domestic and abroad), Fortune 500 and traded on NYSE or other stock exchange. The candidate will be requested as first tenure to support the Lead Sales Team in developing their portfolio of new and existing PCM clients that will bring significant business in terms of NBI, fund flows and deposits in USD. The candidate will also be requested to provide side business to other SGCIB business line in NY and work along perfectly well with CORI and GLFI Bankers and Business Liners. The candidate will ideally have a proven international background being able to deal also with MNCs from around the world.
The Position should be considered a “training ground” to develop the skills to become a front-line GTPS Sales Director. Therefore, the Candidate should have the long-term Career Objective to become a Front Line Sales Director eventually developing and managing their own portfolio with responsibility for their own sales growth and NBI.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Basic knowledge and Experience in International PCM services and products (current presence in over 48 countries) and fundamental knowledge of banking for cross-sell purposes.
- Under guidance of Sales Directors, Set up client meetings independently and support marketing efforts of our offers during meeting /conference calls.
- Help Build a strong sales pipeline across various verticals in partnership with CORI and GLFI bankers
- Preparing and carrying out client meetings, including creating presentations and brochures
- Support and follow up on all meetings including call reports, client objectives and alerting other branches of any sales actions
- Detect opportunities to modify our service agreements (from client or from regulatory standpoint), to liaise with legal department for agreement modification and keep in mind ways to protect the firm against operational risks
- Market client tools to send electronic payments to continue to decrease manual payments volume
- Help support existing relationships and keep a file of prospective/new clients and market PCM offer
- Track and Follow-through on PCM contracts for products and services when a new account is opened or a new service is implemented
- Manage and understand the departments liquidity risk and P&L management
- Help respond to RFP requests with specific PCM services offered (domestic or international)
- Update PCM databases with information about clients when new products and services are
- Ensure follow up is timely for all client requests
- Back up of our product specialist: review questions by clients on their specific cash management services, especially the local web PCM tool
- Support Head of GTB and Head of PCM AMER for internal and transversal projects of GTB/NY
The candidate must have the desire to be a sales manager (long-term goal) with a track record that supports the abilities to work with clients, exhibit public speaking skills, technical skills, management, the ability to demonstrate solid team-work, and work independently. Al all times the candidate must keep in mind the legal requirements and all local compliance constraints. On a one-off basis, the candidate might be required to travel for clients and prospects (5 - 10%) and must be able to market independently. The feedback to the team is very important so the candidate must have a constant communication with writing meeting reports and be a team player and must be keen to be cooperative and open minded with all member of the PCM team. The candidate must be as good as efficient to promote the business line to other business lines locally.