Studies & experience:
- Swiss law Bachelor and Masters of Laws graduate with very good academics; alternatively, vast experience in this business activity and banking specific training;
- First practical experience with bank and financial services related legal and regulatory matters, in particular with structured products, debt securities, fund distribution;
- Experience of working on programme documentation including on structured products programmes using as underlyings one or more of the following asset classes: interest rate, credit, equity, commodity, funds;
- Previous experience of working in-house in either an investment bank or other relevant financial services environment, including experience in working with different internal departments and demonstrable ability to deal with work promptly, accurately and in conformity with the internal guidelines.
- Fluency in German and English;
- French language skills are a plus.
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds;
- A good ability to exercise prudent commercial judgment while managing legal risk;
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with the business lines and other internal functions;
- Articulate, friendly and approachable team player;
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Interest in/willingness to learn more about products with complex structures and payoffs;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to take on responsibility.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your studies, various opportunities could be offered to you, in Switzerland and abroad.
Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking is a leading global financial player in over 45 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
It provides innovative financial solutions, advisory services and capital market products serving the needs of its corporate, institutional and private clients.
Present in Switzerland since 1926 SGCIB Zürich Branch offers local and cross-border expertise providing a full range of financial services to its clients with a focus on securities, services to foreign funds, trade finance and cash management services.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.