SG Zurich Branch (CIB) is a leading global financial player in over 45 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. It provides innovative financial solutions, advisory services and capital market products serving the needs of its corporate, institutional and private clients. Present in Switzerland since 1926 SGCIB Zurich Branch offers local and cross-border expertise providing a full range of financial services to its clients with a particular focus on securities, services to foreign funds, trade finance and cash management services.
You will be working as part of the Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking Swiss Legal team (based in Zürich) for a 12-18-month internship. We provide comprehensive advice and services on Swiss and international law and regulatory aspects in a national and international banking context. The close collaboration with our local business lines but international legal and business colleagues also is integral part of our work ensuring the application of the highest legal standards and compliance with national and international legal and regulatory requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting of certificates and warrants issuance documentation (e.g. termsheet and final terms and the random control of the documentation produced by IT tools);
- Drafting and negotiation of related documentation, including distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements;
- Liaising with the relevant Clearing systems and Stock Exchanges and service-providers where the products are listed and admitted to trading;
- Executing the production of relevant documents and assisting in the maintenance of the various templates and sets of legal documentation;
- Advising the business on legal and regulatory risks across its product range, in particular structured products and cash management;
- Providing legal advice to legal colleagues of other SG Group entities/branches in Paris, New York and other jurisdictions in respect of Swiss law aspects of international financial services;
- Conduct legal research in relation to new legal and regulatory developments with respect to financial services and products offered by the Swiss business lines, e.g. arising in relation to the offering of structured products, the cash management and pooling, clearing and settlement.
Studies & experience:
- Swiss Law Bachelor and Masters of Laws graduate with very good academics;
- First practical experience with bank and financial services related legal and regulatory matters, in particular with structured products, debt securities, fund distribution;
- Experience of working on programme documentation including on structured products programmes using as underlyings one or more of the following asset classes: interest rate, credit, equity, commodity, funds;
- Previous experience of working in-house in either an investment bank or other relevant financial services environment, including experience in working with different internal departments and demonstrable ability to deal with work promptly, accurately and in conformity with the internal guidelines.
- Fluency in German and English;
- French language skills are a plus.
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds;
- A good ability to exercise prudent commercial judgment while managing legal risk;
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with the business lines and other internal functions;
- Articulate, friendly and approachable team player;
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Interest in/willingness to learn more about products with complex structures and payoffs;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to take on responsibility.
Why join us
Société Générale Switzerland is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your studies, various opportunities could be offered to you, in Switzerland and abroad.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230006BN
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/05/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/07