Base Salary Range: [$58,200 - $68,600]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
This is a six to twelve month program with the potential to be hired full time.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing new Compliance Department policies or revising existing ones to reflect regulatory updates, organizational changes or business changes;
- Coordinating draft new or revised SG Group policies with local stakeholders, consolidating and submitting feedback to Paris team, preparing the gap analysis to determine whether local policies need to be updated, assisting with requests for deviation from SG Group policy;
- Assisting in drafting communications regarding policy updates and reminders of regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring all steps in the policy management process are documented and retained;
- Assisting in preparing responses to policy requests from regulators, internal audit and the Legal Department;
- Assisting in preparing reports regarding policies to update stakeholders;
- Reviewing and proofing training presentations and online course storyboards;
- Reviewing regulatory requirements and rule references in the SGUS Compliance Department Regulatory Inventory to confirm applicability to SGUS business lines and map the regulatory requirements in the Regulatory Inventory to regulatory category and SGUS policies and controls;
- Analyzing new regulatory developments for inclusion in the Regulatory Inventory, taking into consideration applicability to the business, and products and services offered by SGUS
• Strong writing and research skills
• Must be able to work with various teams in a professional environment
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Capable of handling multiple ad-hoc requests
• Strong attention to detail
• MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
Prior work experience:
• Prior internship or work experience in financial services or legal industry
• Law school (JD)
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230006H2
- Entity: SG AMERICAS OPERATIONAL SECURITIES
- Starting date: 2023/04/17
- Publication date: 2023/03/16