Your Education/Past Experience
- Currently studying in a Grande Ecole / University Diploma in Business Administration, Master of Science in Management / Finance
- The candidate must still currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
- Experience in the Debt Capital Markets, specifically Syndication would be a plus
- Strong financial background and knowledge of the international bond market
- Able to develop an understanding of derivatives and structured products
Your Technical skills/Languages
- First class marketing skills – the ability to synthesise complex market arguments and communicate these effectively
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required / Bloomberg knowledge would be helpful
- Good quantitative skills – comfortable with all aspects of financial maths
- Financial skills – able to interpret a balance sheet, income and cash flow statement
- Fluent Business German and English required, command of French would be a plus
Your Personal abilities
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Self-confident, highly motivated, team spirit, well organized l
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks from many different people
- Ability to complete accurate and reliable work under significant pressure
As a member of the syndication team, this internship will give you the opportunity to gain deep fixed income knowledge on both investor and issuer side. This is a great opportunity to evolve in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment with regular interaction with origination and sales teams in an international team.
Société Générale is one of the principal European financial services groups, we fully assume our role as bankers: giving all our customers the means to have a positive impact on the future. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of the world. More than 138,000 employees, based in 62 countries, accompany 29 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for an intern for a period of 6 - 9 months in “Debt Capital Markets / Syndicate / EMTN - Private Placements”
You will be integrated within the Medium Term Note (MTN) Private Placement desk of Société Générale CIB which consists of 6 people divided between Paris, Frankfurt and Hong Kong teams as part of the wider Debt Syndicate Group. You will join the desk in Frankfurt and support the team in their daily activities. The MTN desk is an extension of the global Syndicate desk and you will be closely working with both the syndicate desk and alongside all other members of the MTN desk globally.