Within the RISQ Division, the Enterprise Risk Management department has the following remit, across all risk types to which SG’s Americas operations (SG AMER) are exposed:
- Coordinate risk analysis reporting to risk committees, including SG’s Enterprise Risk Committee, Executive Committee’s Risk Committee, and SG’s Board of Directors Risk Committee;
- Establish, and monitor adherence to, Risk Appetite Statements for SG AMER and its business lines;
- Coordinate and enhance SG AMER’s risk identification and assessment framework, and conduct periodic risk identification and assessment campaigns;
- Coordinate and enhance SG AMER’s stress testing framework, and conduct periodic stress testing exercises;
- Coordinate the Permanent Control framework in SG AMER;
- Organize and monitor SG AMER’s risk management framework, risk committees, and roles and responsibilities for all lines of defense;
- Oversee SG AMER’s policies and procedures; and
- Contribute to the development and usage of a “Governance, Risk and Compliance” (GRC) information system architecture across SG AMER.
The risk professional sought for this position will be a member of the Enterprise Stress Testing (STT) team being part of the SG US Enterprise Risk Management Team.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating various stress testing initiatives across several risk types, including but not limited to Market Risk, Wholesale Credit Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Financial (PPNR-Pre-Provision Net Revenues) forecasting.
- Work closely with other support functions including COO and IT to develop stress testing automation and infrastructure, including interactive data visualization techniques, while ensuring a consistent framework is applied.
- Analyze and review stress test outputs or assumptions proposed by 1st line of defense or risk officers
- Define and enhance standards and controls by providing effective challenge from a 2nd line of defense standpoint
- Enhance economic and financial scenario design incorporating forecasts for Risk Economic Research, Regulatory Scenarios as well as develop ad-hoc scenario design while maintaining macro-economic variables forecasts and expansions
Support and help develop stress testing exercises, including internal presentations and regulatory updates while providing effective challenge to the various risk owners