Their primary focus is assisting the Financial Intelligence Unit in preventing the use of Societe Generale facilities for money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and cybercrime.
- Screens articles to determines which articles are true media reports of relevant negative information.
- Reviews negative news articles to identify potential nexus to financial crime in geographies with SG presence/risk exposure
- Assisting with management of the FIU Portal through entries and transactional searches on parties identified in news sources
- Recommends course of further action for most events but may seek guidance from a manager when analysis identifies unusual or uncommon situations.
- Independently conducts documented enhanced due diligence on individuals, and entities, utilizing all available resources and exercise risk-based judgment to develop findings and recommendations.
- Investigates and responds to 314(a)/314(b) inquiries from law enforcement and financial institutions.
- Investigates and evaluates cases involving potentially suspicious situations and efficiently arriving at sound risk-based conclusions.
- Clearly, concisely, consistently documents and supports judgments, decisions and rationale including maintaining records in accordance with business unit standards.
- Preparation of regulatory reports (SARs) to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Applies project management and organization skills to a variety of tasks including ad-hoc assignments.
- Collaborates with team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management
- Possess strong analytical, and written communication skills and be able to clearly synthesize thought process and rationale behind
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong research skills, advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAS, and experience with online research systems including web-based tools
- Knowledge of geopolitics, geographies and languages with the ability to apply them efficiently to the Anti - Financial Crime field