Base Salary Range: [$58,200 - $69,888]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
This is a six to twelve month program with the potential to be hired full time.
The HF Risk Group is currently looking for a hardworking, strongly motivated Credit Analyst to support the team in its daily activities. Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Attending Hedge Fund and Fund of Funds due diligences with a senior analyst – the goal is to have the candidate grow quickly to level of senior analyst handling his/her own portfolio of clients
- Completing the due diligence reports and rating models
- Contributing to the structing of transactions in coordination of other groups (legal, sales, engineering)
- Managing client credit lines and transaction parameters
- Monitoring of portfolio and addressing exceptions
- Building proficiency with all systems used by the group
- Graduated with a degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Finance
- Previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
- Good Analytical Skills: The primary goal of the position is to build up the analyst experience with Hedge Funds in order for him/her to be able to conduct due diligence meetings and quickly extract the key strengths and weaknesses of the entity under review.
- Good writing skills
- Self-starter: The team is often stretched thin due to tight deadlines. In addition, systems and processes are constantly evolving. The analyst is expected to learn fast and work independently as well as contribute the HFR team when needed
- Good communication skills
- Hedge Fund analysis
- ISDA negotiation, Derivative trading knowledge, relevant industry associations, working knowledge of prime brokerage and/or margin guidelines
- Proficiency with Python and/or VBA experience is a plus
- Experience in financial industry
- Financial Analysis and Financial Statements Desired
- Experience with Hedge Funds is preferable
- Extensive knowledge in Excel
- Familiarity using different types of Databases and Platforms
- Ability to use Bloomberg APIs, experience in Access Databases and VBAs
Why join us
Société Générale’s Hedge Funds Risk Department provides counterparty risk management for hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, proprietary trading groups and Central Counterparty Clearing Houses (CCPs). As a second line of defense, the department provides independent risk control services for SG when exposed to these counterparty client types. It performs full risk assessments including client due diligence, limit setting, counterparty rating as well as monitoring of counterparty risk exposures all business lines within the SG Group that transact with hedge funds or takes HF shares as collateral (fund of hedge funds financing business).Business lines within the SG Group that transact with funds or take funds’ shares as collateral.
Our team is seeking to add an experienced Fund Credit Analyst who will cover a portfolio of hedge funds, regulated funds and fund of hedge funds clients across all Global Markets products and activities (OTC and listed derivatives, prime brokerage and clearing activities, fund of hedge funds financing and other structured products).
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.