TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong presentation skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure oriented environment and deliver under tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of financial markets
- Financial statement and credit analysis
- Corporate finance and financial accounting
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- [Experience in a banking, markets or financing role preferred]
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level from a competitive program with a preference for degrees in business, finance and/or accounting
Loan Capital Markets & Syndicate (“Syndicate”) and Leveraged Capital Markets (“LCM”) is a single, integrated team responsible for the origination, pricing, structuring and distribution all syndicated loans and high yield bonds originated by SG in the Americas as well as European originated loans and high yield bonds sold to investors in the U.S. Syndicate and LCM are responsible for (i) origination, structuring and execution of loan and high yield financing mandate, , for our clients and prospective clients located both in the Americas and Europe, (ii) securing internal approvals to execute financings on either an underwritten or best efforts basis and (iii) managing all phases of the distribution process.
Syndicate and LCM work most closely with the following coverage groups:
- Leverage Finance and Financial Sponsor Coverage for corporate acquisitions, LBOs, and leveraged recaps
- Specialized finance teams including: Project Finance, Reserve Based Lending, Commodity Finance, Mining and Infrastructure Finance
- Corporate Coverage for general corporate funding and acquisition finance
In addition to the various coverage teams, Syndicate and LCM works closely with the Loan and High Yield Sales and Trading teams, as well as the Ratings Advisory team. Externally, the Syndicate and LCM team interacts directly with both corporate and sponsor clients, as well as banks and institutional loan and high yield bond investors.
The team currently consists of 14 professionals including 6 Managing Directors (including the Heads), 1 Director, 2 Vice Presidents, 3 Associates and 2 Analysts. We are looking to add an Intern to support the Syndicate and Leveraged Capital Markets business.