Working closely with and reporting to the Managing Director and Senior Banker of Canada’s Financial Institutions and Sponsors Group, the individual will support the FIG/FSC group in identifying prospective FI clients and sponsors, working to develop the relationships and assisting in the further build-out of the Canadian franchise. The role requires supporting the further penetration of existing clients by Soc Gen’s product specialists, determining the client’s needs, developing financial solutions and, with the Business Lines, delivering solutions and advisory. The individual will execute the strategies of the team across the 4 sectors of the FI/FSC portfolio (Pensions/Asset Managers, Banks, Life Insurance Cos. and Governments) with a focus on topical growth areas such as ESG-linked products and global emerging markets.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
- Gain exposure to investment banking products (DCM, ECM, M&A, LBO, ABP..)
- Take part in the team/client strategy, product pushes, sectoral initiatives
- Briefing Memos (aggregate business line intel, update client information)
- Assist in the preparation client meetings - marketing materials and pitchbooks
- Writing and circulating meeting notes
- Coordinating onboarding requests when needed
- Sending weekly onboarding priorities to MARK heads
- KYC (evaluating requests, providing contacts, performing follow ups)
- Master degree from an Engineering or Business School with a specialization in Finance (or related topic)
- Attention to detail
- Strong active listening abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English required)
- Organizational skills
- Self directed individual contributor
- Work well under pressure
- Sales and marketing skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Synthesize data
- Database management skills
- Familiarity of research tools and resourceful in finding market information
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Toronto is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space.
Please see Civiweb www.civiweb.com, in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300067P
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/07/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/09