Job Overview and Scope:
Assist client executives in management of a portfolio of client relationships (existing and new) as well as in development and expansion of these relationships. Analyze and draft financing/credit proposals; work with client executives to obtain approvals from senior management and credit group, assist in closing deals, incl legal reviews and administrative tasks / compliance. Monitor completed transactions, account reporting, recommend improvements, ensure data quality on clients in all banks systems, assist in ensuring compliance with all policy and procedures. Adhere to Culture and Conduct requirements.
- Assist in screening of transactions: assists in development of deal flow. Perform analysis of proposals against established criteria (business and credit quality) and recommend action.
- Analyze deals, perform certain core due diligence processes for qualified deals and participate in negotiating terms of direct deals (in conjunction with deal leader and product specialists). Assist in transaction approval process, including dealing with senior management and credit officers. Co-ordinate with other deal participants. Sometimes negotiates closing documents with applicable advisors (e.g. lawyers, accountants, etc.).
- Develop effective working relationships with other departments (including credit group) and product specialists to incorporate their expertise in client management. Build business relationships with clients, industry peers, other bank’s syndication groups and applicable industry associations. Participate in industry seminars and conferences to foster business networking and deal generation.
- Monitor and report on account compliance and financial performance of assigned portfolio accounts.
- Identify and report on operating and compliance variances to team leader and credit function and obtain requisite approvals from senior management for credit amendment(s).
- Ensure data quality integrity for the assigned portfolio; and compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- Handle legal documentation where/when appropriate. Handle administrative requirements around closing / deal renewal processes.
- Advise on portfolio developments and new opportunities. Assist in executing exit strategies in keeping with overall business objectives.